Jeff L. Thigpen Register of Deeds

Monday, October 30, 2006

I'm a sucker for Polls...

Just had a call.

WE HAVE A SHORT 45 SECOND SURVEY (Computerized phone voice)Jeff: (Thinking..I'm gonna hang up...I'm gonna hang up...then.

DO YOU PLAN TO VOTE IN YOUR CONGRESSIONAL ELECTION? Jeff: Yes. (Thinking, I'm sooo toast!)

DO YOU PLAN TO VOTE FOR VERNON ROBINSON? Jeff: No.

DO YOU PLAN TO VOTE FOR BRAD MILLER? Jeff: Yes.

VERNON ROBINSON VOICE: (With a surprisingly nice tone) While you have chosen to support my opponent, a vote for Vernon Robinson means..blah..blah...blah..blahblah..
So, I will sent you some information in the next few days to attempt to persuade you.

PAID FOR BY VERNON ROBINSON CAMPAIGN.
****************

Analysis: The phone call hit at 8:52 pm. That's ok and not a minute after 9 pm. I actually liked the voice on the phone. I didn't have to repeat my No's or Yes'. I've never heard Robinson's voice so friendly. Regardless, no dice. Don't have my vote.

2 Comments:

  • I got the call too-- first trick-or-treater at my house this evening. But I have known Brad Miller for about 20 years, and I didn't recognize the description by Mr. Robinson. Maybe it was a wrong number..... or just a bad Halloween trick.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:56 PM  

  • Vernon Robinson knew better than to call me! I never got that recorded message. I don't know how I would react if that man calls my house. I guess I would tell him I'm packing my bags now and leaving to go back home, as it seems through his ads his only mission in life is to 'secure' our borders. How about securing our phone lines...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home