Jeff L. Thigpen Register of Deeds

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Did you know? Luna was Lynne Thigpen!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Luna on Bear and the Big Blue House has been portrayed by Lynne Thigpen (no relation, but I'll claim her!) who passed away in 2003. I never knew that she was truly a gem of a person! She had a great voice and still sings the Goodbye song---a personal favorite. The discussions between Bear and Luna could bridge the divisions between the Board of Commissioners. haha. They are insightful and my daughter always stops at full attention when they start singing.

Yes, I have issues with Disney, Inc. (I could never see how Eisner could make $500m in stock options a year.) But Lynne Thigpen was truly a blessing! She has an Elementary School named after her too....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home