Jeff L. Thigpen Register of Deeds

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Supervisor Training continues...."lep, lep, lep, rigt, lep"

Today we reviewed county personnel regulations with HR Director Sharisse Fuller; legal issues with County Attorney Jonathan Maxwell; FMLA and ADA regulations also. The ol' head was spinnin' near the end! I'm ashamed to say as a County Commissioner how little I knew. I did not have the exposure, knowledge and experience of dealing with personnel reg's in the way I deal with them now as a Department Head.

Nothing like lifting the hood and takin' a look.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 Comments:

  • Maybe you should review "chairs." I just checked out the ROD website for the first time in a while and saw all the photos of office ladies working standing up. I know there's a budget crunch, but surely you could get some chairs at Goodwill, or at least let them bring some from home. ;) (Seriously, is that some kind of new ergonomic work style? Or are they maybe just too busy to sit down?)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:25 PM  

  • The pictures are staged on the website and they are not at their workstations. They were taken before I took office. But you do have a point.
    Our staff have to stand way too much. When I took office I let staff wear tennis shoes because 7 employees had doctor's notes to wear them. By the end of the year the counters our staff have to stand behind will be torn down and they will be given workstations where they can sit at their desks.

    Thanks for your comment.

    By Blogger Jeff L. Thigpen, at 5:43 PM  

  • By Anonymous john, at 6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home