Jeff L. Thigpen Register of Deeds

Monday, November 15, 2004

Kay Cashion is Commissioner-Elect for District 6 and "loose ends"!

I have known Kay since I've been in Greensboro. She's been a stalwart in the Democratic Party. She will take office on December 6th. The fun is about to begin for Kay! haha. (Little known fact: Her former husband Sonny Cashion was my batting coach over at Guilford College during my baseball days!) I wish her well.

The new Board will have many challenges and opportunities and I will do all I can to support them. I will take part in the current Board's meeting before the new Board is sworn in. At that point, I will be sworn in as Register of Deeds and then swear in my staff in the Deeds office.

I have been tying up loose ends at Guilford College. My last day will be this Friday the 19th. I have really enjoyed my time at Guilford as Assistant Director of Admissions. I have worked with a tremendous staff I admire and have great admiration for.

Mrs. Payne and I met for the first time after the election on Friday. I will be meeting with her senior staff on Monday, November 22nd. I believe we both want to have a smooth transition. I will also be attending the NC Register of Deeds School November 30th-Dec. 1st.

I'm getting anxious to get started!


1 Comments:

  • You will be missed terribly here at Guilford. I hope you keep the blog up so that we can keep up with you. AND I hope you'll let me know whenever you run again for this or, (dare we hope) something bigger and better, and a little farther north.

    jw

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home