Jeff L. Thigpen Register of Deeds

Monday, November 08, 2004

The period of transition begins.... from Commissioner to Deeds

There will be a meeting this coming Thursday night at Democratic HQ at 7 pm (off Wendover Ave.) to select my successor on the Board of Commissioners. As reported in the N & R, 3 candidates have declared to this point. I have a great deal of respect for the candidates. JP McIntyre is a friend and my campaign manager in my 2002 re-election campaign. He would be a great choice. I also know Kay Cashion and Owen Lewis as well. Whoever wins, I feel like any one of them would represent District 6 well.

I also have a scheduled meeting with Lee Payne as we move forward toward a transition in the Deeds office. We both want it to be "seamless" and I look forward to meeting employees, etc.

I will be serving out this year on the Board of Commissioners until the new board is installed December 6th. My major concern was not to stand in the way of appointing the new commissioner. After checking with our county attorney, there will not be a problem and I'll be around for the Billboard debate next week!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home