Jeff L. Thigpen Register of Deeds

Monday, November 12, 2007

Congratulations to Mayor-Elect Yvonne Johnson!

A highlight of my time as an elected official came at Bennett College about 5 years ago. I had the honor of presenting a resolution of appreciation from Guilford County to Coretta Scott King, wife of the late Martin Luther King, Jr.

I had the great gift of offering my personal appreciation for the impact the King family has had on me as well. I also took the opportunity to introduce the next speaker on the agenda. That speaker was Yvonne Johnson. I told the audience that I appreciated her leadership in Greensboro and that she would make history as "the first African-American Mayor of Greensboro".

I'm glad I made that statement. While she has made history last week, her true gift is the leadership and commitment for a better Greensboro. I look forward to her voice and courage. Leadership and Experience. Yvonne Johnson.

Congratulations Madame Mayor!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home