Jeff L. Thigpen Register of Deeds

Monday, November 12, 2007

My appreciation to Sandy Carmany.

Sandy Carmany and I worked together on several issues when I served on the Board of Commissioners and I want to express my appreciation for her efforts. Rezoning issues around the College Hill and Lindley Park neighborhoods were several that come to mind. Sandy was always thoughtful, involved, and was a good listener to the concerns of citizens in her District.

In addition, Sandy was a strong proponent of PART (Piedmont Area Regional Transportation). PART came before the Board of Commissioners around 2001 and we supported a rental car tax as a local match that allowed us to recover state and federal gas taxes going to Charlotte, Raleigh, and Las Vegas. Regional transportation will be crucial for the Triad's future.

I wish Sandy well and appreciate her service to Greensboro over the past 18 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home