Jeff L. Thigpen Register of Deeds

Sunday, May 21, 2006

HOPE: Spelled ....Relay for Life

Michelle, Elle, and I went to the Relay for Life event in Jamestown on Friday. They held their opening ceremonies, survivor's lap, and the walk.

The Good Deeds Team has raised $1000 for the American Cancer Society over the past two months. We had a very good showing of staff, family, and friends. City Park is a great place. Elle loved the train and many kids running around! I was touched by the sense of community and fellowship. This is so important for us to understand and experience. I walked around reading the names of survivors and those lost to cancer written on the luminaries spread throughout the track area. That was after I stuffed my gut with some great food and conversation. I look forward to doing this again next year!

Special thanks to Debbie Johnson for her hard work and leadership in organizing our involvement in the event.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home