Jeff L. Thigpen Register of Deeds

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Let me be clear ...(ABOUT PARKS AND REC FEES!)

If we cannot resolve this soon, we will have war over these fees.

My resolve on this issue is fueled by my disappointment that the City did not put this on the table during the library fee discussion that came as a result of the City's differential fee study. Now several council members are crying foul again. This is no way to work in good faith after progress has been made on other issues.

I've never said the county should not pay their fair share. That is part of the reason why we changed the sales tax distribution method--to rectify disparities and negotiate agreements with the cities and towns. We made progress on the library fees, but their was NEVER any direct negotiations over these fees.

No offense to Mark with the N&R, but I'm a bit more angry about this than my quote today.




1 Comments:

  • I appreciate your comments. The public is now feeling the implications of the policy change and my fear is that the strength and integrity of our athletic programs in Greensboro will be undermined as a result of the fee issue.

    I hope we can something out.

    By Blogger Jeff L. Thigpen, at 11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home