Jeff L. Thigpen Register of Deeds

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Salute to 2006 Pender High School Volleyball Team!

Coach Ray Horton has coached Pender's Volleyball Team for at least 25 years. He plans to retire this year.

Pender High's Volleyball Team reached the NC State Volleyball Championship and lost a tough 5 game match against Hendersonville. I was in touch with my sister Julie throughout the match. She would call after every game. Pender was up to 2 games to none. Then Hendersonville stormed back to win the next three games.

I was disappointed as many folks were in Pender County. Many of us were pulling for Coach Horton and wanted him to get the championship! Good luck Coach, appreciate all your collective accomplishments, and I'm certainly proud you brought Pender to the State Finals!

1 Comments:

  • Hi!!!!
    My name is Jeff Davis. I graduated from Pender High in 1989. As long as I can recall Pender volleyball has always been a force under coach Horton. I wish him the best!!!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home