Jeff L. Thigpen Register of Deeds

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Coretta Scott King

I believe that there is a plan and a purpose for each person's life and that there are forces working in the universe to bring about good and to create a community of love and brotherhood. Those who can attune themselves to these forces - to God's purpose - can become special instruments of his will."
- Coretta Scott King, in her 1969 autobiography My Life with Martin Luther King, Jr. She died in her sleep Monday night at age 78.

I met Coretta Scott King a couple of years ago at Bennett College where I read a resolution in her honor. As I stood to read the resolution, my heart told me that the words where not nearly enough to describe the meaning of her life and journey.

At the end of the resolution we stood together and I told her what thousands have said before, "Thank you".

I'll always be grateful to God for the opportunity to be in the presence of such a powerful influence on our world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home