Jeff L. Thigpen Register of Deeds

Thursday, December 08, 2005

TONY WOMACK GOES TO CINCINNATI REDS!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Great news in the game of baseball! Tony Womack was traded today to the Cincinnati Reds. Tony becomes a great fit for a team that needs his speed and experience in the infield. And leaves behind an unappreciative, over paid on a power trip ball club. (Except for Gary Sheffield and great fan Paul Coscia!)

This move topped a frustrating year for both Womack and Thigpen. It was painful to see Tony shuffled around then lost in the Yankee Deck. Painful year for Thigpen because Tony is carrying the tradition of the 1992 and 1993 "Fighting Quaker" 30 Win Record Guilford College Baseball club. I tried to pull for the Yankees and their is evidence on this very blog, but Cincinnati is the right fit for both of us! As you will see.

I was a Pete Rose, George Foster, Tony Perez, Davey Concepcion, Johnny Bench kind of Cincinnati Red fan growing up and lost my way for many different reasons. This will be a good move for both Tony and me. So I have no problem picking up my fanship of the Reds.

As "self-proclaimed" President of the Tony Womack Fan Club, I congratulate my friend Tony on this move and want the people of Cincinnati to know you've just gotten some HEART in the clubhouse!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home