Jeff L. Thigpen Register of Deeds

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

National Night Out in Lindley Park and Sad News re: constituent and friend- Sam Foushee

I attended the National Night Out block party in Lindley Park last night at the home of Phil and Dana Gorham. Michelle, Elle and I spent a couple of hours with about 35 folks in our new neighborhood. We had great ice cream and lemonade and a good time!

I learned earlier in the day that a long time friend and Lindley Park resident Sam Foushee past away. I met Sam during my first campaign for Guilford County Board of Commissioners. He became a good friend and always supported my campaigns. He was thoughtful, insightful, and had a great sense of humor. The last time I saw Sam was on September 16th, 2003 in Wesley Long Hospital. I remember the date because I saw him in the hallway as my wife was in delivery of our daugther Elle. We shared some common words of encouragement. Sam was in a wheelchair due to a broken hip and I rolled him to a room as I followed my wife. It was quite a sight! I'll always remember Sam with great fondness!

I wish Sam's family well and they are in my prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home