Jeff L. Thigpen Register of Deeds

Sunday, September 26, 2004

"Hot Site" for protecting records from potential terror attacks...

I had a question posed to me re: potential terrorist attacks. Here's my response.

Register of Deeds records are backed up and stored off-site, but it does not include all records. I will work to establish a Disaster Recover/"hot site" for the office. A hot site can get data immediately operational after a potential disaster. The Guilford Center has an agreement with Sun Guard and can bring up files and continue operating immediately. I will support future recommendations by the County Manager to develop an agreement for a hot site to store, replicate and periodically test our software systems so records can be protected, preserved and recovered in case of terrorist attack.

This is good preparation for such an event. Let's hope we never have to fully implement it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home