Jeff L. Thigpen Register of Deeds

Thursday, July 05, 2007

From Coach Jack Holley to Coach Battle Holley in Wallace Rose Hill.

There is a new Football coach at Wallace Rose Hill. Battle Holley.

His Dad, Coach Jack Holley won more high school football games than anyone I can figure out.

The story in the News and Observer read...[There was no press conference, parade or banquet. "I don't want a rocking chair or silver bowls ... nothing said ... I just want to walk on the way," said Coach Jack Holley. He'll still be around.

"I want him to coach the offensive line, if my mama will let him", said Battle.

I wish them both well. I played American Legion baseball and in the NC State Games with Battle. We won the Gold! Battle will be a great Coach, just like his Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home