Jeff L. Thigpen Register of Deeds

Sunday, November 13, 2005

The Statistic Greensboro Does not want to talk about...

I don't even want to...I mean, not that I have to. Honestly, no, REALLY. URGHH!

Look, you'll just have to find out for yourself!

Education? no. Roads? no. Economic Development? no....

Just received my December 2005 issue of Men's Health. They do rankings on cities around various issues and such.

Well, hmmn, Greensboro was the lowest ranked city in this particular ranking (101/101). Let's just call it...."The Deflation Ranking". I wanted to laugh, but I remembered my time as a Commissioner. While analyzing our budget related to employee health care costs, I discovered we were spending LOTS of money in this area related to health costs.

Read the December Men's Health Magazine. There should be a special Advisory Committee to look in to this issue because it's not just a Greensboro problem (101) ; Charlotte ranked 88; Durham 89; Raleigh 90.

I kinda didn't want to say anything, but it is a taxpayer issue....you know. We could save hundreds of thousands of dollars. Really...

I'd suggest former Sen. Bob Dole to lead the effort.... nuff said.

6 Comments:

  • What was the statistic?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:31 PM  

  • Bob Dole is spokesman for a certain drug company...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:23 PM  

  • Gee, kind of adds an unintended meaning to Greensboro101.

    By Blogger Roch101, at 3:11 PM  

  • This could be a big issue, or...maybe a small one! haha

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:43 AM  

  • No wonder we're a mess. But Jeff, you seem to be really up on this issue. I can see why you don't want to come right out and talk about it. It's a hard one. Not for the flabby of spirit or body. Yet, I think you enjoyed bringing this to our attention. Let's get the City to develop a comprehensive plan for combating this problem, and then watch them ignore it. Maybe it's the water. Being from SC I always knew something was, or wasn't up, up there to the north.

    By Blogger Joel Gillespie, at 3:08 PM  

  • I cannot talk about this anymore!

    Yes, I started it and I must accept responsibility for my mistake (like the Pennsylvania legislators who raised their salaries to $80,000 a year--then rescinded).

    Yes, this is a real issue, but I'm losing my G rated Blog status...haha

    By Blogger Jeff L. Thigpen, at 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home